It’s uncomfortable and unpleasant to find damp and mildew building up in the small, under-ventilated spaces. This is the reason why many households are fitted with a dehumidifier to take the moisture that is causing dampness. There are various manufacturers offering dehumidifiers, but in this article, we will focus on Hisense dehumidifiers as it has put out several impressive units to consider.
Who is Hisense?
Hisense is a multinational electronics and appliance manufacturer. Its headquarters are in Qingdao, China. It was founded in 1969 and has been taken as one of the best white good manufacturers of Asia. It has spread across 13 provinces of China and outside of it. It doesn’t only manufacture dehumidifiers but also manufactures televisions and other home products. It has several production bases and owns almost 40 subsidiaries both within and outside China. With this international network, many households have at least one or more Hisense products.
Is Hisense a good dehumidifier?
Hisense isn’t considered as one of the best brands, but the manufacturer provides great features that enable it to provide great competition in the market.
Hisense utilizes innovative and advanced technology. Its design is easy to understand and use. The straightforward operating tools are what ease its operation and eliminate cumbersome usage problems. The simple operations are put in place to provide great convenience to the customers.
Moreover, Hisense dehumidifiers are Energy Star rated, which means they have a low energy consumption. This means that as you use the unit, you will save money as well as play a part in protecting the environment.
In addition to offering great features to the user, Hisense humidifiers are affordable and provide incredible service both before and after the sale.
Hisense Dehumidifier Reviews
This section will look at the best Hisense dehumidifiers available in the market. It will provide a guide for the most suitable one for you.
Hisense 35 Pint 2- Speed Dehumidifier
This dehumidifier is suitable for medium-sized spaces. It can extract 35 pints of moisture to provide a suitable environment for you. Like any other Hisense model, Hisense 35-pint model is energy efficient. It produces very low noise during operation thus, it doesn’t create any distraction in the room it’s being utilized.
Furthermore, it has smart indicators that assist the user to operate it with less hassle. For instance, it has an indicator that shows the water levels, hence the user can easily know when to change the container.
The dehumidifier has three operating modes where the user can choose from. The mode selected will determine how you want the dehumidifier to operate. They include; continuous moisture control, manual and automatic setting.
The LCD panel of the dehumidifier is easy to read and shows clearly the humidity and time.
- It has smart indicators
- It has a unique and slim design
- It produces low noise during operation
- It has a space-efficient design
- It might produce heat after being used continuously
- It’s not ideal for large places
Hisense 50-pint 2- Speed dehumidifier
An incredible feature of this dehumidifier is that it’s equipped with a slide-out bucket. The water level indicator assists in showing when the water level is full, and water can then be collected through the garden hose from the side of the cabinet. This way water and dirt don’t spill out.
This dehumidifier can be used for mid to large-sized dehumidifiers since it can collect up to 50 pints moisture from the air. Moreover, the dehumidifier is eco-friendly as it’s energy saving. The dehumidifier can also be used in very low climatic temperatures that are as low as 38 degrees Fahrenheit. Your different needs will be well catered by the three different modes that include; manual set, auto dry and continuous.
The Hisense 50-pint dehumidifier can be used in the bedroom with less distraction since it produces little or no noise during operation. Some more features to enjoy include, an adjusting timer, a 24-hour operating timer, and a full tank alert indicator.
A washable filter is present to reduce the airborne toxins and an automatic cleaning alarm is provided to act as a reminder to the user. The unit has a clean white color that’s easy to blend with the colors and décor in the office or home. Furthermore, the automatic setting is necessary for determining the levels of humidity.
- It’s eco-friendly
- It produces little to no noise during operation
- It’s reliable and easy to use
- It has a sleek design
- The garden hose isn’t provided with the dehumidifier
- It has a short power cord
Hisense 1- Speed Dehumidifier
This dehumidifier is reliable when you have a very short and strict budget. It’s can handle a room of up to 700 square feet, this means that it’s efficient for small and mid-sized rooms. It’s the easiest model to use due to the single touch operation. With the help of the connecting garden hose and a single touch, it becomes easy to collect water from the cabinet.
Interestingly, the Hisense 1- speed model can be operated in temperatures as low as 38 degrees Fahrenheit. The bucket full indicator is also suitable for indicating when the water level is full, thus showing the need to change it to prevent any mess. There is also a slide-out bucket that assists in the changing process.
Moreover, the dehumidifier has an indicator to show when the filter is dirty. This way the user is alerted in good time when to clean the filter and prevent the spread of dirty odors and bacteria.
- It’s easy and simple to use
- It performs effectively in small spaces
- It has a filter indicator prevent to the spread of dirt and bacteria
- It’s not ideal for large places
- It might be a little loud and noisy
Hisense 100-Pint 3 Speed Dehumidifier
This unit has a built-in pump and has a huge capacity of eliminating moisture in the air. It can efficiently get rid of 100 pints of moisture from your target room. Eliminating such a large amount of humidity ensures that the stickiness from the air has been taken away and the furnishings or walls in your room aren’t damaged. The built-in pump allows draining the water continuously into a sink or out of a window. Consequently, you don’t have to keep on dumping out the bucket.
The dehumidifier has a 24 hour on/ off timer and a humidistat that shows the humidity level in the room. The user has 3 operating modes to choose from for satisfaction. Moreover, Hisense 100-pint dehumidifier has an automatic shutoff button that shows when the water level is full and shuts itself down to prevent damage.
Interestingly, the dehumidifier can operate in low temperatures, thus you can use it throughout the year. It has a detachable filter that’s easy to clean and maintain. Furthermore, with the caster wheels, it becomes portable, and you can easily move it to your target room.
- It has numerous features for convenience and making it user-friendly.
- It sucks water as it’s in the case of a vacuum, thus the moisture is eliminated effectively.
- It’s easy to set it up
- It requires strict maintenance for continuous and proper functioning
- It can be quite expensive
Hisense DH-70K1SDLE Dehumidifier 70-Pint
This is the best 70-pint model that Hisense has offered so far. It’s a 2-speed dehumidifier and has a built-in pump. It effectively works from a space of 1500 square feet and removes around 70 pints of moisture in such an area within 24 hours. It can work in temperatures of 38 degrees Fahrenheit and has three different modes that include; manual, auto-dry, and continuous. The three modes and two speeds are very crucial in catering to your different needs.
Moreover, it’s energy-saving is great to eliminate paying of high utility bills as well as protect the environment. An electric panel is also present to easily show the humidity level as well as time. There is continuous and rapid drainage with the help of the garden hose. Water is expelled upward by the powerful pump and the garden hose connected to the dehumidifier expels them directly via a basement window or into a sink. A full tank alert is available to tell you when the dehumidifier needs to be emptied.
This Hisense 70-Pint model also has an air filter that can be easily cleaned for efficiency. There is a filter alarm present to notify the user when the filter needs cleaning. Interestingly, it has caster wheels to enhance its portability, hence can be move from one place to another. There is as storage for the power cord, hence you will not need to worry about the cord twisting.
Interestingly, there is a centrifugal fan that ensures the dehumidifier is operating in low noise. It produces 46 dB(A) when the fan is set to low. This allows you to rest with no distractions from the dehumidifier.
- It has a larger capacity
- The filter can be easily cleaned
- The drain hose option offers great assistance
- It’s easy to use and maintain
- It eliminates some heat when used continuously
- It takes some time to dehumidify an area
Hisense Dehumidifier Manual
As you purchase a Hisense dehumidifier, you will be provided with a manual to assist you in the use and maintenance of the unit. It’s important to follow closely the instructions and cautions provided to ensure the proper use and maintenance of the dehumidifier for durability. The manual provided by Hisense is easy to read to understand for your convenience.
In this section, we will briefly look at the operation of Hisense dehumidifiers.
Powering the dehumidifier
- Plug the dehumidifier into a grounded three-prong outlet
- To turn on the unit, press POWER
- Choose the fan speed by pressing FAN
- Choose the mode by pressing MODE
- Set the level of humidity by pressing the plus or minus button
- Turn off the dehumidifier by pressing POWER once more
When powering the dehumidifier, you should observe the following cautions;
- Don’t use an extension cord
- Don’t use an adapter
- Always plugin into a grounded three-prong outlet
Choosing the desired humidity mode
- Press MODE to select your preferable mode
- There are three modes to choose from Auto Dry, Continuous and Manual Set.
The Auto Dry mode only operates in dry mode. The fan speed is set automatically and the desired humidity is automatically set to 50%
The continuous mode allows the unit to run continuously. The fan speed can be adjusted in this mode, but the desired humidity can’t be adjusted.
The manual set mode allows the dehumidifier to run at the set humidity level and selected fan speed. When the humidity level of the room is higher than the selected humidity setting, the compressor turns on. On the other hand, if the humidity level of the room is lower than the selected humidity setting, the compressor and the fan turn off.
Adjusting fan speed
- To select the fan speed, press FAN
- Choose from the three fan speeds, that is LOW, HIGH OR AUTO.
Low fan speed reaches the preferable humidity setting with a lower sound level. The High fan speed will reach the selected humidity setting more quickly. On the other hand, Auto will get to the desired humidity setting at a normal speed.
- The humidity level is set by pressing the Plus and Minus button on the dehumidifier. The desired humidity will flash for 5 seconds after an operation on the digital display.
- The actual humidity level of the dehumidifier is displayed after flashing the desired humidity for 5 seconds.
Please note that humidity can only be adjusted when the dehumidifier is in the Manual mode. In the Auto Dry and Continuous mode, the humidity level is set automatically.
Empty bucket light
When this light turns on, the compressor and the fan stop running. It signals the following;
- The bucket is full, hence, you should empty the bucket and re-install it accordingly
- The bucket isn’t in the right position. In this case, you should remove the bucket and reinstall it. Ensure that the bucket fits into the dehumidifier, and the bucket light has turned off.
To learn more about the use and care of Hisense dehumidifiers, read through this manual.
How does a Hisense Dehumidifier work?
Hisense dehumidifiers use a similar technique as it’s in many dehumidifiers to eliminate the moisture in the air. Here are some general steps of the whole process.
- A fan draws air into the dehumidifier
- Air passes over the cooling coils in the unit
- The moisture condenses as the air is cooled
- Waterfall into the removable bucket or the drip pan
- Air is then reheated by the heat recovery system
- The unit is de-iced automatically by the defrost system as necessary
- When the drainage bucket is full, the dehumidifier will shut off automatically and the full bucket indicator will turn on
- The dehumidifier also turns off automatically when the desired humidity setting is achieved
As highlighted above, most households require a dehumidifier. Consequently, you’ll be well informed of the unit that you’re purchasing for the best outcome. It’s hard to go wrong with Hisense Dehumidifiers, but with the variety they offer, the task of selecting the most suitable one can be a bit difficult. The reviews of the above Hisense dehumidifiers and the extra information provided will guide you in the selection.